Thanks to Azekahh for the inspiration!
Before Square Enix released Final Fantasy XV, many fans had varied speculation. Who, or what, would be in the game? What would be their power, or skill? And how can we know?
Okay, so we’ve all seen the trailer, right? But not all of us may have noticed the little Cactuar figurine in this scene. http://i.imgur.com/nBm0uZV.jpg So, Cactuar’s are at least confirmed to make a cameo appearance, but, I don’t think anybody really realizes what that Cactuar figure truly means. Here’s my theory, based on seeing a Cactuar figurine in a TGS trailer that came out a year and a half ago and nothing else. There will be multiple Cactuar figurines scattered throughout the game at certain locations, with different ways to find them;
- Regular Cactuar – Seen in pic
- Sombrero Cactuar – Found in Desert area
- Cape Cactuar – Found in Sky area
- Bearded Cactuar – Obtained by beating the best of the best at the card minigame in the Pubs
- Golden Cactuar – Won by collecting 1,000,000 golden tickets at the Casino area
- Cactuar with Pink Bow – Found in the girl’s bathroom in the area where you change party members
- Cactuar with Locke’s Bandana – Given for defeating the optional/secret boss: Ultros (Follow the train tracks on the edge of the Canyon area, until you come across a cave blocked by a rock. There are some Bombs around the area. Lure one near the rock but only interact with it when it’s close, so it explodes near the rock, and destroys it. Inside, you will find a primitive raft. Put it in your inventory and take it to the river on the westernmost side of the map, use it there. After riding down the raft for several moments, Ultros will strike!)
- And maybe even more.
After collecting all cactuar figurines, take them to the summoner in the main city, where you will learn new summons like Ramuh, Ifrit, and so on. He will tell you that this summon may be the most powerful one yet, greater than even Bahamut. You assemble the figurines into formation, and the Cactuar King, a giant Cactuar with a King’s Crown, is summoned. You must defeat him in order to obtain his summon. His signature move: 1 billion needles.
anyway the figure of the cactuar in the trailer pretty much confirms my theory so how do you guys plan to take him down?
This is a really cool theory! Of course, this idea didn’t make it in the game.
However, we still have hope. Tabata and his studio are still working on Final Fantasy XV. Who knows if they’ll add a Cactuar summon. And if they don’t, maybe they’ll add a Cactaur summon for Final Fantasy XVI? Anything could happen.