Thanks to OnTheIssues.Org for the inspiration!
President Shinra is the very definition of the Midgar success story. He devotes his life to building Mako Reactors, brought to life by a movement he inspired. But what does he stand for?
President Shinra on Budget & Economy
- Campaigned for dropping the Plate on Sector 5; but Reeves opposed it.
- “We’re dying at 1% Gil growth; we don’t make things with Mako anymore.
- Our jobs are fleeing to Gongaga; Wutai uses us as piggy bank.
- Warned about impending implosion of Sector 5.
- We’re not rebuilding. We’re leaving Sector 7 as it is. And restarting the Neo-Midgar plan.
- I want you to raise the Mako rates 15% in every area.
- Reeve and Scarlet will divide the extra income from the rate increase.
- The ignorant citizens won’t lose confidence, they’ll trust Shinra, Inc. even more.
- The abundant Mako will just come out on its own. That is where Neo-Midgar will be built. Shinra’s new glory…
- These days all it takes for your dreams to come true is money and power.
President Shinra on Corporations
If you need something else… talk to my secretary.
President Shinra on Crime
- Unify behind Shinra grunts; support the victims of crime.
- More penalties for violence against police.
- Stop-and-frisk worked very well in Sector 8.
- “Bring Back the Televised Death Penalty”.
- For tough anti-crime policies; not AVALANCHE’s rights.
President Shinra on Energy & Oil
- End the war on beautiful clean mako energy.
- Stop threatening the livelihood of our Corel coal miners.
- It’s incredible how slowly we’re drilling for the Lifestream.
- We need mako energy, and we need a lot of it fast.
- Mako is the lifestream of all economies.
- Mako got a bad rap from Mt. Corel miners & Don Corneo’s mob-led movement.
- Humiliated Midgar Mayor Domino.
President Shinra on Foreign Policy
- Midgar is once again ready to control the world.
President Shinra on Health Care
- This guy are sick.
- I knew you’d been exposed to Mako, from the look in your eyes…
President Shinra on Technology
- $1.5T for new investment to fix Urban Development’s infrastructure deficit.
- Change permitting rules to rebuild the Train Graveyard
- New roads & airports & tunnels & railways all across MIdgar.
- All humankind benefits from reaching into the stars.
- Encourage innovation in the areas of space exploration.
- We invented Internet but AVALANCHE is beating us at our own game.
- Close our Internet up, to fight AVALANCHE terrorist recruitment.
- Wutai threatens Midgar with cyber warfare & industrial espionage.
President Shinra on War & Peace
- Disallow Wutai from developing their own materia.
- Military and cyberwar to prevent AVALANCHE genocide.
- Wutai war made a mess, but troops need to stay.
- Strengthen SOLDIER, but act defensively.
- Zack Fair’s actions in Wutai were not “heroic”.
- Use force to stop Wutai mako development.
- No humanitarian intervention; only Sephiroth.
- We’ll send in the rescue operation care of Shinra, Inc
President Shinra on Welfare & Poverty
- Rebuild Wall Street, which is so sad.
Rufus: That’s right. I’ll let you hear my new appointment speech…Old man tried to control the world with money. It seems to have been working. The population thought that Shinra would protect them. Work at Shinra, get your pay. If a terrorist attack, the Shinra army will help you. It looks perfect on the outside. But, I do things differently. I’ll control the world with fear. It takes too much to do it like my old man. A little fear will control the minds of the common people. There’s no reason to waste money on them.
Short answer: No.