Thanks to NilCealum for the inspiration!
I’m actually working on making a timeline for all connected games of Final fantasy. Even though they take place in separate universes many can be connected.
So Far I have
- Final Fantasy X then
- Final Fantasy X-2 obviously.
- Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis its confirmed that its set in the same universe as X 1000 years in the future.
- Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
- Final Fantasy VII, (THEORY) then in the middle when cloud enters the life stream,
- Final Fantasy Tactics, Cloud appears here, Then at the end he reappears in
- Final Fantasy VII to complete his mission.
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
- Final Fantasy VII: Dirge OfCerberus
The next section is a theory:
- Dissidia: It takes place after the events of Final Fantasy X because of the relationships of the X characters. It also takes place after VII based on Clouds actions. BUT at the end, The Warrior Of Light Ends up at the beginning of his game
- Final Fantasy I
WOULD LOVE HELP AND INFO COMPLETING IT
Unfortunately, no one’s responded and we have more games left, so going off of NilCealum order, how about this:
- Final Fantasy Tactics is a sequel of Final Fantasy XII (or so I’ve read)
- Final Fantasy VIII (Cloud’s shop)
- Final Fantasy XIII (due to later model gunblades)
And then, Lightning recreates the world. Final Fantasy XV probably would have had the world Lightning originally created. Then, where do the other Final Fantasy games fit in? Final Fantasy XV as a “fantasy based on reality”, but maybe their timeline progresses differently. Since there seems to be so much instability in the Final Fantasy worlds, maybe the worlds change? So which games do we have left? Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, IX, XI, and XIV – the medieval-styled games.
- Final Fantasy XIV
- Final Fantasy XI
- Final Fantasy IX
- Final Fantasy VI
- Final Fantasy V
- Final Fantasy IV
- Final Fantasy III
- Final Fantasy II
- Final Fantasy I
Eos’ afterlife is also an alternate reality. So then, the timeline splits three way: Eos, Eos Afterlife, Eos timeline before the events of Final Fantasy XV.
Dissidia takes place sometimes outside the bounds of time. All heroes arrived in a dimension outside spacetime. But all Final Fantasy games contain references to previous games; this theory could be wrong.
But then, what do you think?