Omega Weapon isn’t that hard to defeat once you understand his pattern. According to the Final Fantasy Wikia, the pattern is:
- Lv5 Death: Instant death to characters with a level divisible by 5. Used once at the battle’s start. Can be nullified by junctioning 100 Deaths to ST-Def-J.
- Meteor: Non-elemental magic damage against the entire party. Poses little threat, other than that the party will not survive the next attack, the Megiddo Flame, unless healed or made invincible.
- Megiddo Flame: Deals 9,998 HP damage to entire party.
- Gravija: Drains 75% of the party’s current HP; cannot kill.
- Terra Break: Sixteen physical hits at random targets for at least 4000 points of damage each. Damage can be halved with Protect/Zombie or nullified with the Defend command.
- Ultima: Non-elemental magic damage against entire party.
- Light Pillar: 9,999 HP damage to one target.
But most kids might not notice the pattern right away. That’s what happened to me. Omega Weapon’s attacks were so stressful, I focused on staying alive. Of course, I don’t give up. After over 9,000 tries, I finally figured out the pattern. It took a lot of Holy War, and dual summons of Doomtrain and Cerberus. I had my characters cast Aura, or have their HP really low to enable their Limit Breaks. Squall and Zell work well. And when I finally won:
Video Credit: © Square Enix